Rabu, 14 Zulqaidah 1440 / 17 Juli 2019

Rabu, 14 Zulqaidah 1440 / 17 Juli 2019

Batang Toru hydropower plant project to be completed in 2022

Jumat 05 Jul 2019 16:01 WIB

Rep: Puti Almas/ Red: Nur Aini

PT NSHE sedang meninjau site pembangunan PLTA Batang Toru, Sitandiang, Tapsel, Kamis (2/5).

PT NSHE sedang meninjau site pembangunan PLTA Batang Toru, Sitandiang, Tapsel, Kamis (2/5).

Foto: Republika/Idealisa Masyrafina
Batang Toru hydropower plant project is currently entered the initial stage.

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, JAKARTA -- Batang Toru hydropower plant construction project is targeted to be completed in 2022. The project is currently entered the initial stage. 

"The construction progress is now 11 percent, what has been built such as roads, camps, and stone crushing facilities," said PT North Sumatra Hydro Energy (NSHE) as the builder of Batang Tour hydropower plant project, Enviromental Senior Adviser, Agus Djoko Ismanto on Wednesday (July 3). 

Baca Juga

According to Agus, the land that provided to build Batang Toru hydropower plant is 669 hectares. However, not all of the areas will be opened. 

Agus said that currently land area that has opened was 80 percent. Meanwhile, the remaining 20 percent of the land area will be used as a backup, if there is other change. 

During construction time, Agus estimated the project could have up to 2.000 people as the workers. In terms of investment, Batang Toru hydropower plant construction project reached costs 1,68 million US dollar. 

Batang Toru hydropower plant has 510 MW capacity. The hydropower plant is claimed to be able to reduce carbon dioxide emission at least 1,6 million metric tons. Agus said it is equivalent to carbon sequestration from 120 thousand hectares of forest.

BACA JUGA: Update Berita-Berita Politik Persepektif Republika.co.id, Klik di Sini
  • Komentar 0

Dapatkan Update Berita Republika

 

BERITA LAINNYA