Monday, 15 Safar 1441 / 14 October 2019

Monday, 15 Safar 1441 / 14 October 2019

Bali to cooperate with China in Imlek celebrations

Sabtu 20 Jan 2018 13:00 WIB

Red: Reiny Dwinanda

Chinese new year ornaments.

Chinese new year ornaments.

Pastika said, the event will show the world that Bali tourism has recovered.

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, DENPASAR - Bali has struck an agreement with China to cooperate in the celebration of "Imlek" (Chinese New Year) on February 22. Bali's Governor Made Mangku Pastika said, the activity will have a positive impact on local tourism, which has been hit by Mount Agung's activity. "We can show the world that our tourism has recovered with the arrival of Chinese tourists here," Pastika said while receiving the acting consul general of China, Chen Wei, here on Friday.

The governor hoped there would be collaboration between a Chinese art group, comprising artists from the Yunan province, Bali's sister province, and Balinese artists. "We can showcase our close relationship through this collaboration," he stated.

Pastika lauded the Chinese tourists' confidence in the situation in Bali after Mount Agung's eruption. "Mount Agung's activity has declined and is predicted to be stable. So I applaud the Chinese tourist arrivals that have now started to increase," he noted.

Chen Wei expressed appreciation for the provincial government of Bali's invitation to participate in the Imlek celebrations. This could strengthen cooperation, he remarked, adding that tourists from China to Bali have started to increase with the peak expected to come at Imlek.

On the occasion, Chen Wei offered scholarships for students and teachers in Bali to study Mandarin in China as part of its efforts to boost cooperation and proposed introducing Mandarin-speaking tourist guides in Bali. "This program was started last year, and this year, 84 students and four teachers will depart for China to study Mandarin," he stated.

He pointed out that this program is also open to the police, as well as the immigration and customs and excise offices. "In the future, it is not impossible that the facility will also be extended to civil servants, so those who are interested should register themselves," he remarked.

In response to the invitation, Governor Mangku Pastika expressed his appreciation and announced he would take part in selecting the recipients through the education service. He added he would follow up on the offer to the civil servants.

sumber : Antara
BACA JUGA: Update Berita-Berita Politik Persepektif Republika.co.id, Klik di Sini
  • Komentar 0

Dapatkan Update Berita Republika

 

BERITA LAINNYA