Kamis , 26 October 2017, 05:57 WIB

Victims not to get diyyah from crane company: Ambassador

Rep: Muhyiddin, Puti Almas/ Red: Reiny Dwinanda
A number of pilgrims crossed the crane of the expansion project of the mosque that crashed at Masjidil Haram, Mecca on September 12, 2015.
A number of pilgrims crossed the crane of the expansion project of the mosque that crashed at Masjidil Haram, Mecca on September 12, 2015.

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, JAKARTA -- Indonesian Ambassador for Saudi Arabia, Agus Maftuh Abegebriel confirmed that the crane company, Bin Ladin Corp did not have any obligation to pay diyyah or compensation money to victims of incident at the Al-Haram Grand Mosque in 2015. 

Bin Ladin Corp were free from charge as the Mecca Court, Saudi Arabia reached its decision.

"Based on court decision, the victims of crane accident will not get diyyah that means the crane company, Bin Ladin Corp is not obliged to pay compensation," Agus said when confirmed Republika.co.id, Tuesday (24/10).

However, Agus said that the Court verdict did not mean victims would not get any compensation as promised. 

According to him, Saudi Arabia Kingdom has prepared compensation for victims who died and injured in crane accident. Agus assessed, there was no problem or anything to worry about.

"Yes it's different from the compensation prepared by Mamlakah (Kingdom). The explanation should use fiqh, if diyyah, then the heir of the victims can determine how much he asks. This is two different things," he added.

Agus asserted the court decision that made Bin Ladin company did not need to provide diyyah was because all the victims would get compensation from Saudi Arabia Kingdom. 

Previously, Mecca Court considered that the accident happened not because human errors.

The court acquitted all 13 employees of the Bin Ladin Group responsible for the operation of the giant crane. However, the Saudi Arabia Attorney General who rejected the court decision said he would appeal the verdict.

A total of 108 pilgrims from various nations died and 238 wounded in the collapse of a crane, which exactly happened in September 2015. 

King of Saudi Arabia, Salman later has ordered all victims to be compensated.

Berita Terkait