Wednesday, 16 Rabiul Awwal 1441 / 13 November 2019

Wednesday, 16 Rabiul Awwal 1441 / 13 November 2019

Death toll of Kabul ambulance bomb climbs to 103

Senin 29 Jan 2018 11:31 WIB

Red: Reiny Dwinanda

Victims of a suicide bomb blast are hospitalized in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Saturday (Jan 27).

Victims of a suicide bomb blast are hospitalized in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Saturday (Jan 27).

Foto: AP Photo/ Rahmat Gul
235 others wounded by the ambulance bomb.

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID,  KABUL -- The death toll from Saturday's massive terrorist bombing in Afghan capital Kabul has risen to 103, with 235 others wounded, Afghan Interior Minister Wais Ahmad Barmak told a press conference on Sunday. The Taliban group claimed responsibility for the bloody attack, admitting a Taliban outfit blew up an ambulance laden with explosive device in central part of Kabul city.

Some 30 police personnel were among the injured, the interior minister added. "The enemies have resorted to terrorist attacks as they are losing ground in fight against Afghan security forces," Afghan Defense Minister Tariq Shah Bahrami said at the same briefing.

He said the Afghan security forces have intensified cleanup operations across the country, killing 106 terrorists and injuring 65 others over the past 48 hours. "Four hijacked military vehicles laden with explosive devices were destroyed, 11 command and control centers of the enemies were also smashed over the period," Bahrami said.

He added that Afghan air force had conducted 19 airstrikes against the militants across the country over the period. At the same press briefing, Mohammad Masoom Stanikzai, the country's intelligence chief, said personnel of the country's intelligence agency National Directorate of Security has arrested 195 terrorists over the past one week.

Earlier in the day, Afghan government declared Sunday as a national mourning day to pay tribute to those who were killed in recent terrorist attacks in the insurgency-hit country.

Meanwhile, Indonesian President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) said he had no intention of changing his planned visit to Afghanistan despite security problem in the conflict-torn country. He has departed from Bangladesh after visiting Rohingya refugees in Cox's Bazar. 

sumber : Antara
BACA JUGA: Ikuti News Analysis News Analysis Isu-Isu Terkini Persepektif Republika.co.id, Klik di Sini
  • Komentar 0

Dapatkan Update Berita Republika

 

BERITA LAINNYA