Wednesday, 14 Zulqaidah 1440 / 17 July 2019

Wednesday, 14 Zulqaidah 1440 / 17 July 2019

No foreigners among dead victims of Sunda Strait tsunami

Senin 24 Dec 2018 01:15 WIB

Red: Reiny Dwinanda

Head of the Information Data Center and spokesman of the BNPB Sutopo Purwonugroho holds a press conference on Sunda Strait tsunami in Yogyakarta, Sunday (Dec 23).

Head of the Information Data Center and spokesman of the BNPB Sutopo Purwonugroho holds a press conference on Sunda Strait tsunami in Yogyakarta, Sunday (Dec 23).

Foto: Antara/Andreas Fitri Atmoko
Tsunami hits Sunda Strait at around 9.27 p.m. local time on Saturday.

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, YOGYAKARTA -- The National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) said there was no foreigners among the dead victims of Saturday's tsunami that hit coastal areas around the Sunda strait. Latest report on Sunday said the death toll of the tsunami has risen to 222, and 28 other people were missing with more than 800 others injured.

Baca Juga

"There is not foreigner among the dead victims. All Indonesians," head of the Information Data Center and spokesman of the BNPB Sutopo Purwonugroho said in Yogyakarta on Sunday evening.

The victims and the damage to property were recorded in four districts - Pandeglang and Serang in Banten, the western province of Java, Lampung Selatan and Tanggamus in southern Sumatra.

Sutopo said the death toll could increase still as not all victims had been evacuated and not all health centers and areas had reported the number of victims they had.

BACA JUGA: Ikuti News Analysis News Analysis Isu-Isu Terkini Persepektif Republika.co.id, Klik di Sini
  • Komentar 0

Dapatkan Update Berita Republika

 

BERITA LAINNYA